Notice of Election: Election of a new Town Councillor, Camborne Town Council, Treswithian Ward
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT:
• COUNCILLORS TO BE ELECTED An election is to be held for ONE Councillor for the said Ward.
• NOMINATION PAPERS Nomination papers may be obtained from the Deputy Returning Officer at Cornwall Council, 4S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY (01209 614373).
• DELIVERY OF NOMINATION PAPERS Nomination papers can only be submitted in person on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4 pm on Friday 8 September 2023 to the following location on the specified dates and times: - 1, 4 – 6 and 8 September to the Deputy Returning Officer, Cornwall Council, 4S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY between the hours of 10.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 4.00pm 7 September to the Deputy Returning Officer, Cornwall Council, East Wing, Dolcoath Avenue, Camborne TR14 8SX between the hours of 10.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 4.00pm
• POLLING DAY If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 5 October 2023.
• Applications to register to vote at this election close at Midnight on Tuesday 19 September 2023. www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
• Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate or an Anonymous Elector’s Document valid for this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 27 September 2023. Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate
• Electors and their proxies should note that:
ABSENT VOTING New applications to vote by post or to vary or cancel existing postal or proxy voting arrangements must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer by not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 20 September 2023. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer by not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 27 September 2023, except in cases where unforeseen illness, incapacity, occupation, service or employment occurs after that time, in which case applications may be received by no later 5.00pm on Thursday 5 October 2023.
All applications and notices regarding absent voting must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer, Cornwall Council, 4S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY.
4S County Hall
Kate Kennally Truro Returning Officer TR1 3AY 31 August 2023