Nominations Open for Camborne Youth Council
Camborne Town Council are on the search for young people aged between 9-17 who live, study or work in Camborne & surrounding villages to form a Youth Council during 2022.
Eighteen Youth Councillors plus and additional eighteen Deputy Youth Councillors will become the voice of youth in Camborne.
Who are we looking for to join the Youth Council?
- Young people that would benefit from the opportunity and responsibility of being a representative of their place of education and wider community.
- Those with a real passion for Camborne and a want to bring positive change to their communities.
What would a young person have to do if they became a Councillor?
- Attend at minimum one meeting once a month (or send a deputy Youth Councillor to attend on their behalf) - These meetings are currently online due to Covid.
- Gather and represent the views of the communities they represent and serve.
- Be willing to be consulted and asked their thoughts about things to do with young people & the future, Camborne & Cornwall.
- Be confident to lobby and ask for changes, funding and support for the communities they represent (we will support the young people to gain confidence to do this).
- Be passionate about leading change and starting new projects in Camborne.
What support would they get to be a good Councillor?
- All training will be provided.
- All safeguarding and health and safety processes are in place.
- A dedicated Officer (Rose) will be supporting their involvement in the opportunity.
- They will be issued a tshirt, lanyard and badge and any stationary they may need.
- Should they require support to get to and from meetings - that will be provided.
How do young people apply for this opportunity?
In addition to nominees from local schools and colleges, nominations are invited from the community. The nomination process is very simple (a short application process that requires consent from a parent or carer).
Young people who are interested in the opportunity to represent their communities are advised to contact Rose Hitchens-Todd (Engagement Officer) email@example.com, 01209 708992 or speak to someone about the opportunity from their place of education.