FREELANCE POSITION - Engagement Assistant
FREELANCE TEMPORARY HYBRID FLEXIBLE 15 HPW (£15 per hour)
Camborne is a creative and forward thinking Town Council and we have an exciting new opportunity to work with our Engagement Officer and Town Council team as an Engagement Assistant on a fixed term contract of 3 months. We are looking for someone who has experience in working across digital platforms designing promotional content.
You must be an excellent communicator, who is creative and a confident self-starter. You must have good ICT skills including design experience and have the ability to build and manage effective and resilient relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels inside and outside of the organisation.
There is a demanding workload and there is a need to meet competing demands and tight deadlines whilst producing high quality work.
You will be responsible to the Engagement Officer and support the Town Council in
- Keeping the Town Council website, poster boards and social media platforms up to date, ensuring events and project information are included to keep all interested parties updated on progress and current affairs.
- Assisting with the designing promotional content (digital and print) for marketing material including social media, newsletters and programmes to support engagement and the promotion of the Parish.
- Monitoring engagement across digital platforms and provide monthly reports to the Engagement Officer.
- Co-ordinating and producing the Council’s quarterly electronic newsletter, and promoting its availability throughout the parish and beyond.
- Supporting the Town Council on any specific projects and initiatives that will support community engagement including Consultations, Town Deal, Neighbourhood Plan, and Climate Action.
- Undertaking a range of clerical/administrative duties within the Town Council Office as required.
- Being present at some Camborne Town Council events and meetings to ensure live social media coverage and first hand experience for the development of blogs/press releases.
You must have 5 GCSE’s A-C including English Language and be able to demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience in social media and administration.
Please send your CV and covering letter to HR@camborne-tc.gov.uk. Closing date for applications is the 17th November.
Please see the attached document for more information on our latest position.