NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN FOR CAMBORNE YOUTH COUNCIL
What is Camborne Youth Council?
Camborne Youth Council is a way for young people to get their views heard in Camborne Parish.
The Youth Council is made up of 18 young people (& deputies) with the aim to make a difference for young people on issues that matter to them.
Camborne Youth Council has a formal role within Camborne Town Council.
The following places of education have been invited to send representatives on Camborne Youth Council:
Camborne International Science Academy
Camborne School of Maths & Science
Camborne Sixth Form
Trevithick Learning Academy
Rosemellin Primary School
St Mediadoc CoE Junior School
St John's RC Primary School
Kehelland Primary School
There are also additional places on Camborne Youth Council for 'Open Nominees' which could come from the community, services, groups or settings outside of education. These get recruited by advert & application during January.
Who are we looking for to join the Youth Council?
- Young people that would benefit from the opportunity and responsibility of being a representative of their community.
- Those with a real passion for where they live and a want to bring positive change to their communities.
What would I have to do if I became a Councillor?
- Attend at minimum one meeting once a month (or send a deputy Youth Councillor to attend on your behalf)
- Gather and represent the views of the communities you represent and serve.
- Be willing to be consulted and asked your thoughts about things to do with young people, the future, Camborne & Cornwall.
- Be confident to lobby and ask for changes, funding and support for the communities you represent.
- Be passionate about leading change and starting new projects in Camborne.
What support would I get to be a good Councillor?
- All training will be provided.
- A dedicated Officer (Rose) will be supporting your involvement in the opportunity.
- All safeguarding processes, health and safety will be in place.
- You will be issued a tshirt, lanyard and badge and any stationary you may need.
- Should you require support to get to and from meetings - that will be provided.
How do I become a Youth Councillor?
You can become a Youth Council member if you are aged 9-17, living in, working or attending a school or club in Camborne. You should first speak to your place of education, youth worker or service provider about the opportunity. When you are ready to apply, please email Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.