The management of Camborne Library has been transferred to the Town Council through Cornwall Council’s Devolution Programme. This helps councils and communities take over local ownership, management and control of services. Cornwall Council supports the Town Council to deliver the local service and Camborne Library customers are members of the Cornwall Library and Information Service. They can borrow from the Cornwall-wide stock of books, CD’s and DVD’s and have access to online newspapers, e-magazines, eBooks, audiobooks and computers. The Information Service in Camborne is operated by Cornwall Council at Dolcoath.
Due to health and safety issues we have had to close our public toilet facilities. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
- Level approach (may be ramped)
- 6 Computers with internet access
- Free WiFi available
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Self Service (staff available to help if needed)
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass during normal opening hours
- Action for Hearing Loss and Isight Cornwall on the fourth Monday of each month from 10am to 12pm.
- Cornwall Link on the second Wednesday of every month from 12.30pm to 2pm.
Events and activities:
- Camborne Readers book group meets on the third Monday of each month at 2:30pm.
- Computer classes for beginners
- Poetry Group meets every other Monday at 2pm..
- Book Sales during the last week of every month.
- Computer Support with our Digital Champion. Fridays 1:30pm - 3:30pm, no booking necessary.
- Weekly Weigh In with Healthy Cornwall, advice and support for leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Special Activities - we have a wide range of events taking place throughout the year, please contact us for more details or follow Camborne Library on Twitter.
- Bookstart Rhyme Time every Wednesday and Friday at 10:30am - 11:00am. Free.
- Lego Club every Wednesday at 3.30pm - 4:15pm. Free.