CAMBORNE TOWN COUNCIL
AMENITIES OPERATIVE (x 2 vacancies) SCP 1-5 £17,842 - £19,312
37 hours per week – Seasonal adjustments are made to start time
including 7.30am start time during the summer months
Appropriate training will be given
About the council:
Our Mission: Community First
Our Vision: We Listen, we improve, we achieve. We are Camborne Town Council - Here for you.
Our Values: Empowering our Community, Trusting and Collaborative. Creative. Ambitious. Efficient and Responsive.
Camborne is geographically the largest parish in Cornwall. Reflecting Cornwall's diversity of urban areas, characterful villages, and sparsely populated rural areas of outstanding natural beauty. The Council administers an area of approximately 2,800 hectares and nearly 23,000 people live within the boundaries which include the villages of Barripper, Beacon, Brea, Kehelland, Penponds and Troon.
18 Councillors on Camborne Town Council represent the wards of Roskear, Trelowarren, Troon and Treswithian. Councillors are supported by a team of staff and the Town Clerk. In addition, there is a hard-working Amenities Team that maintains the wide range of facilities managed by us.
We provide a wide range of facilities including parks, playing fields, allotments, library services, community events, public realm CCTV, grants, and community donations. Further information about all of which can be found on this website.
Working under the supervision of the Amenities Supervisor to assist the Amenities and Projects Officer in the maintenance of council assets across the parish. Working as a full-time member of a small, dedicated Amenities Team, you will carry out all necessary work associated with keeping our parishes council assets maintained to the highest standard, with a focus on the control of street weeds using nonchemical based methods. This is an exciting new service that the town council are going to be providing for our area. Delivery on our core values as a council and responding to the needs of the community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To carry use specialist machinery to thermally eradicate weeds from our streets and pavements without use of chemical based herbicides
· To clear all vegetative build up from the streets and kerbsides in a safe and responsible manner
· To deliver maintenance and other contracts, such as grass cutting and footpath maintenance, on behalf of the Town Council to ensure work is carried out to specification and in a safe, timely manner to satisfactory standards.
· To support the Amenities Technicians in carrying out their duties across the parish.
· To water and maintain floral displays and hanging baskets using various tools and equipment to safety standards.
· To monitor, review, carry out general maintenance and cleaning of amenity tools, stores and supplies;
· To distribute local government information and community notices on the Council’s notice boards.
· To empty litter bins from green spaces and dispose at our registered contract site
· Cleaning of council assets such as memorials, signage and fountain.
· To drive the Council’s vehicles (including tractor and towing) when necessary and ensure they are kept in a safe and maintained condition at all times
· To provide a professional, friendly response to enquiries from the public.
· To immediately report to the Project, Amenities and Projects Officer any difficulties and problems experienced carrying out duties.
· To ensure safe methods of working at all times and to be part of the review process to improve the working processes through Risk Assessment.
· To undertake any other duties required by the Council consistent with the level and scope of the post.
· The post holder must at all times carry out his/her duties with due regard to Camborne Town Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Health and Safety legislation and the Member Officer Protocol.
Camborne Town Council
Person Specification for the Amenities Operative
Keenness to work hard to deliver the best possible environment for Camborne through the Council
Willing to train and learn new skills
Previous experience of street cleaning /grounds/ garden maintenance
Physically able to meet the demands of the job. Carrying out manual work, using hand tools, lifting and operating machinery.
Health and Safety awareness
Evidence of ability to assess risk while on the job and implement control measures.
Qualification in assessing risk.
Experience of using COSHH
Evidence of being able to answer queries from the public in a clear and helpful manner.
Experience of customer service/ dealing with the public.
Flexibility to adjust to meet operational requirements.
Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Full driving licence.
Towing and tractor driving registered qualifications or eligible and willing to train to obtain towing and tractor driving qualifications.
Reference ID: AmOps2
Application deadline: 23/01/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,842.00-£19,312.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
Risk Assessments are updated frequently to take into account the latest government guidance and the local situation
- driving license (required)
Camborne Town Council in Camborne TR14
Apply at INDEED: https://uk.indeed.com/job/amenities-operative-d1c35c732068ae1a
Or Apply using the application form (found in documents above)